• 1 pound zucchini/summer squash (about 2 medium), trimmed
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 2 cups)
• 2 scallions, minced
• 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
• 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
• 1 medium garlic clove, minced or pressed through a garlic press (about 1 teaspoon)
• ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
• ¼ cup all purpose flour
• 6 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 lemon, cut into wedges (for serving)
1. Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 200 degrees. Shred the zucchini on the large holes of a box grater or in a food processor fitted with the shredding disk. Toss the shredded zucchini with the salt and let it drain in a fine-mesh strainer set over a bowl for 10 minutes. Wrap the zucchini in paper towels and squeeze out the excess liquid.
2. Combine the dried zucchini, feta, scallions, dill, eggs, garlic, and pepper together in a medium bowl. Sprinkle the flour over the mixture and stir until uniformly incorporated.
3. Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Drop 2-tablespoon-sized portions of the batter into the pan, then use the back of a spoon to press the batter into 2-inch-wide fritters (you should fit about 6 fritters in the pan at a time). Fry until golden brown on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
4. Transfer the fritters to a paper towel-lined baking sheet and place in the oven to keep warm. Wipe the skillet clean with paper towels. Return the skillet to medium-high heat, add the remaining 3 tablespoons oil, and repeat with the remaining batter. Serve warm or at room temperature with the lemon wedges.
Featherstone Farm Recipes
Explore our recipe pages for lots of great ways to use your produce! (And please be patient as we port over our recipes to this new site).
Search this page