Source: Cooking With the Seasons by Monique Jamet Hooker
- 1 large Onion finely chopped
- 1 T. Olive Oil
- 1 lb. Beets peeled and coarsely grated
- 1/2 lb. Celeriac peeled and coarsely grated
- 4 c. Chicken Stock
- 1 c. Water
- 2 Golden Delicious Apples peeled, cored and coarsely grated
- 1 tsp Caraway Seed crushed
- 2 T. Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 c. Creme Fraiche (or sour cream)
- 1 T. Fresh Parsley chopped
- Black Pepper
- In large pot, saute onion in oil for 2 minutes.
- Add beets, celeriac, stock and water & bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in apples, caraway seed, and vinegar.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, then simmer another 20 minutes.
- Serve with the creme fraiche, parsley -- and a lovely option -- bacon bits!