Course: Main Course
- 2 3/4 cups (about) All-purpose Wheat Flour
- 4 large Eggs (scant 1 cup)
- Making dough: Place flour in processor. Add eggs. Using on/off turns, blend until clumps of moist dough form (do not process into ball). Turn dough out onto lightly floured work surface; shape into ball. Knead until smooth, sprinkling lightly with flour if sticking, about 3 minutes. Wrap in plastic. Let rest at room temperature at least 20 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- Rolling dough into sheets: Cut dough into 8 equal pieces. Cover with plastic wrap. Set pasta machine to widest setting. Flatten 1 dough piece into rectangle; run through machine. Fold in half crosswise (end to end) and run through again. Continue, adjusting machine to narrower settings after every 2 passes and dusting with flour as needed to keep from sticking, until pasta sheet is 22 inches long (scant 1/16 inch thick). Place sheet on lightly floured work surface; cover with plastic. Repeat with remaining pasta pieces.
- Cutting dough into strands: Uncover sheets and let stand until slightly dry but still pliable, about 20 minutes. Fit machine with appropriate cutter and run sheets through, cutting into tagliolini (1/8 inch wide), tagliatelle (1/4 inch wide), fettuccine (1/2 inch wide), or pappardelle (3/4 inch wide) and dusting with flour to keep from sticking. Cut strands crosswise into desired lengths. Using floured hands, toss strands to separate; spread out on towels. (Can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover with towel and let stand at room temperature.)
- Cook pasta in pot of boiling salted water until just tender, stirring occasionally, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain.
Amount Per Serving
Fat: 7 g
Cholesterol: 226 mg
Sodium: 88 mg
Carbohydrate: 66 g
Fiber: 2 g
Protein: 17 g