Course: Main Course
Prep Time: 20 Min
Cook Time: 40 Min
Total Time: 1 Hr
- 1.3 lbs Parsnips peeled and cubed
- 2.2 lbs Celeriac peeled and cubed
- 1 oz Butter
- 4 tbsp Double Cream
- 1 tbsp Sage leaves, shredded
- 2 oz Breadcrumbs
- 5 tbsp Parmesan Cheese coarsely grated
- Almonds omit
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Cook parsnips in a pan of boiling salted water for 2 mins, then tip in the celeriac and boil together for 8 mins. Drain well, then mash with butter and cream. Season, then add a grating of nutmeg, stir in the sage and spoon into a buttered ovenproof dish. Make up to this stage 1 day ahead or freeze for one month. Defrost in fridge overnight.
- Heat oven to 375. Mix breadcrumbs, Parmesan, almonds and oil together. Season, scatter over the mash, then bake for 35-40 mins from cold, 25-30 mins if not, until topping is crisp and golden.