Course: Side Dishes
- 2 pounds Carrots peeled and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1/2 cup Almonds slivered
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Cranberries, Dried
- 1 (4 ounce) package Danish Blue Cheese crumbled
- 2 cups Arugula
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Combine the carrots, almonds, and garlic in a mixing bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Spread out onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake the carrots in the preheated oven until soft and the edges turn brown, about 30 minutes. Remove and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once cool, return the carrots to the mixing bowl, and drizzle with honey and vinegar; toss until coated. Add the cranberries and blue cheese; toss again until evenly mixed. Combine with the arugula and serve immediately.