This lovely recipe comes from Williams Sonoma. Link available below.
- 1 Shallot finely diced
- 1 1/2 Tbs. Lemon Juice fresh, plus more if needed
- 1 1/2 Tbs. White Wine Vinegar
- Salt to taste
- 1 Avocado halved lengthwise, pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 heads Romaine Lettuce dark outer leaves cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 Watermelon Radish thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Cilantro fresh, chopped
- In a small bowl, stir together the shallot, the 1 1/2 Tbs. lemon juice, the vinegar and a pinch of salt. Gently stir in the avocado, season with salt and let stand for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Whisk in the olive oil to make a vinaigrette.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, radish and cilantro. Stir in the vinaigrette and drizzle over the salad. Toss gently and season with salt and more lemon juice, if needed. Transfer the salad to individual plates and serve immediately. Serves 4.
- Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Cooking from the Farmers’ Market, by Tasha DeSerio & Jodi Liano (Weldon Owen, 2010).