Cheesy Rice and Kale
1) Dice 1 medium onion, toss in the rice cooker with 2 Tbsp Olive Oil on the saute cycle.
2) Mince 2 cloves of garlic, and add to the onion. Stir until soft.
3) Add 4 cups of water and 1 Rapunzel Herb and Sea Salt Boullion cube (other broths will work just as well), along with 2 cups of rice (we use brown rice).
4) Start on the cook cycle.
5) Remove the large center stem from the kale leaves and chop into smaller pieces. Toss the kale in on top of the rice about half way through the cooking cycle.
6) Shred 1 - 2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese. When the rice is finished cooking, add the cheese and cover until melted.
7) Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve immediately.
Note: James and I also add a little hot sauce to kick it up a notch.
Roasted Kabocha Squash
2) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3) Wash 1 kabocha squash, cut in half, de-seed, and slice into thin wedges.
4) Toss in 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5) Spread on lined baking sheet in a single layer.
6) Bake for 15 minutes, flip squash over, and bake for another 15 minutes, or until the inside of the squash is soft, and the outside is slightly crispy.