| || |
1. Rinse and remove stems of chard. Chop leaves and set aside, then finely chop the stems.
2. In a deep frypan sauté onions and garlic/garlic scapes in oil. Add the chard stems and sauté these until softened, about 10 minutes
3. Add cumin, salt and pepper to onion mixture, then add chopped greens. Cook until greens are wilted, about 5 minutes. Add water if necessary. Remove from heat.
4. Mix in the ricotta or cottage cheese and set aside.
5. Combine the tomato sauce with taco seasoning. Pour 1 cup of the combined mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan.
6. If using corn tortillas, fill a shallow bowl or pie pan with boiling water; dip each tortilla in water to soften, 10-15 seconds. Spoon greens/cheese mixture into tortillas, roll up, and place seam-side down in baking pan. Pour remaining sauce evenly on top, covering all tortilla edges. Cover and bake in preheated oven at 350F for 40 minutes.
7. Sprinkle cheese (I end up using more than a cup) on top. Bake uncovered another 10 minutes.
from: Simply in Season
Featherstone Farm Recipes
Explore our recipe pages for lots of great ways to use your produce! (And please be patient as we port over our recipes to this new site).
Search this page