Source: Cooking With the Seasons by Monique Jamet Hooker
- 2 quarts Water
- 2 small heads Green Cabbage (or 1 large head) outer leaves removed to the heart (core), quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. Fresh Parsley Chopped
- 1 large Onion thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 c. Creme Fraiche (or sour cream)
- In a deep saucepan, bring water to boil, then lower heat to a simmer.
- Blanch cabbage leaves (submerge in water) for 5 minutes.
- Drain and cool for 5 minutes.
- In a serving bowl, combine cabbage hearts, parsley, onion and creme fraiche.
- Toss until the hearts are coated.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve warm.